Sunday, July 29, 2012

MOSTLY GHOSTLY: PART 2

When I'm working on story sketches I like to keep them....well, sketchy.  I've amazingly talented friends who create the most astonishing, beautifully polished artwork for both their own projects and the films we work on at the studio.  I admire their talents greatly, but don't seem to have the patience to approach it the same way.  Now it could be that I'm fighting against my early years in the industry of working in the Clean-Up Animation Department, where all of your drawings had to be SO exact or it could just be a sensibility I picked up from studying some of my favorite artists, Bill Peet, Joe Rinaldi, Ronald Searle, Quentin Blake, Ken Anderson, etc.
Here are some character and story moment sketches from the Ghost project I posted about last week.








No comments:

Post a Comment