Friday, January 13, 2017

2017!!!! THE YEAR OF: 13 STORIES THAT YOU SHOULD NOT READ TO YOUR CHILDREN

Happy New Year and with that comes a new challenge.

I've really wanted to concentrate on my own writing for a while now.  I've always been working on scripts, pitches, outlines throughout my years in animation, but this year, I really want to make writing original content a priority.

So, to that end, I've started a public Facebook page where on the 13th of every month (-plus one extra story posted on Halloween) I will post an original short story with accompanying sketch.  The stories are weird, dark, sad, twisted,  gruesome, all the things that I like.  Think, Edward Gorey, meets Tim Burton, meets me.

It's a good way to keep myself accountable to my own creative writing goals.  Other bigger writing projects are in the works, but I thought this might be a kind of writing sketchbook.  The stories are written in about a day, so I'm not giving myself too much time to fret over them, just going with my first initial instincts and putting them out into the world.

I hope it will be fun and inspiring and entertaining.

Would love any and everyone to follow along on the journey.

I'll still be posting tons of boards from my animation work too.  I've got to catch up with postings from Angry Birds, Pets and Sing! before Despicable Me 3 hits, otherwise I'll never get everything up and out.

Here's the link to, THE GLASS GIRL on my Facebook page for my 13 stories.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=257731987972960&id=255154184897407






No comments:

Post a Comment